The Best Known Works of Oscar Wilde - (Hardcover)
The Best Known Works of Oscar Wilde, Including Poems, Novels, Plays, Fairy Tales, Published by Wise & Co. No copyright date given.
*Cover is scuffed and a bit dirty
Part of a vintage hardcover books of classics. They are all navy blue and look like they are part of a series. They all have the identical design on the outside, including the covers and spine areas. Included are the following books:
- The Best Known Works of Nathaniel Hawthorne. Published by Literary Classics, Inc.
- The Best Known Works of Oscar Wilde, Including Poems, Novels, Plays, Fairy Tales, Published by Wise & Co. No copyright date given.
- Quo Vadis: A Narrative of The Time of Nero by Henryk Sienkiewicz, Translated from the Polish by Jeremiah Curtin, published by The Book League of America.
- The Best Known Works of Ibsen, Including Ghosts, Hedda Gabler, Peer Gynt and A Doll’s House. Published by Bartholomew House, Inc. No printing date given.
- The World’s Great Speeches, Edited by Lewis Copeland, published by The Book League of America, c. 1942.
- Jefferson’s Letters: Selections from the private and political correspondence of Thomas Jefferson, telling the story of American independence and the founding of the American government, Arranged by Willson Whitman. Published by E. M. Hale and Company. No printing date given.
- Selected Writings of Thomas Paine, Edited, with an Introduction by Richard Emery Roberts, published by Everybody’s Vacation Publishing Co., c. 1945.
- Travellers’ Tales: Stories of adventure in far lands, told my Marco Polo, Columbus, Hernando Cortes, Sir Walter Raleigh, Captain Cook, and other famous explorers of an unknown world; Arranged by Jay Du Bois; published by Everybody’s Vacation Publishing Co.
- Great Novels of Anatole France: Penguin Island; The Crimes of Sylvestre Bonnard; The Revolt of the Angels. Published by The Book League of America. No print dates but several copyright dates given; the latest being 1914.
- The Pilgrim’s Progress and The Holy War by John Bunyan, Published by Puritan Publishing Company, Inc.; no printing date given.
Living Biographies Of Famous Novelists - Henry & Dana Thomas (Hardcover, 1943)